Apple Mail Settings
Follow the instructions below to set up your email account for Apple Mail on your Mac. Please note, these instructions are specific to Mail under MacOS Sierra. If you are using a different MacOS version, the windows and menus may differ.
- Open the Mail application. Select the Mail icon from the Mac Dock to open.
- From the top menu bar, select Mail > Preferences
- A new window will appear with the "Accounts" tab selected. Click the + button on the bottom left corner of the window.
- Select "Other Mail Account" and click Continue
- Type in your Name, Email Address, and Email Address Password. Click "Sign In".
- On the next screen, you may see a red error message, "Unable to verify account name or password". This is normal.
- For Accout Type, make sure IMAP is selected.
- For Incoming Mail Server, enter: mail.cityemail.com
- For Outgoing Mail Server, enter: mail.cityemail.com
- Click the "Sign In" button to continue
- On the next window, leave everything as-is. Click the "Done" button.
- Select the new account you just added. Click the "Server Settings" button on the left.
- Under "Incoming Mail Server (IMAP)", uncheck the option, "Automatically manage connection settings"
- Change the port number to 993 and click "Save" at the bottom
- Close the Account window to return to the main Mail window
Your email account setup is now complete.